Sunday, October 20, 2013

I AM SUPER EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE . . .

For all of you who do not know . . .

I am super excited to announce that I am currently interning with The Zharmae Publishing Press as a Publisher's Intern! My aspiration and long term goal is to become an Editor for Children's, Middle Grade, and YA novels.

I am about one week into my internship and I can honestly say I have been overwhelmed with excitement, anxiety, self-doubt, nervousness, and every other emotion you can think of. However, I am having so much fun learning this new trade; soaking in every aspect and detail that I can. My internship will definitely be challenging as I am expected to learn a lot and do a lot in a relatively short period of time. Here are a few of my responsibilities while interning with TZPP:  

1. Acquire and bring to publication one middle grade work from source to acquisition to       editorial, through managing editorial, art, production, and launch.
2. Copy edit, proof, and review one or two full manuscripts.
3. Work with artists and the designers for the cover of a book (this does not include the middle grade book from project 1.)
4. Assist with the managing editor role, which includes all stages of production.
5. Contribute web articles to TZPP, which will be featured as part of the Writer's Workshop series.
6. Read as a Panel Reader for TZPP regularly (basic assessments of manuscripts).

I am working under the direction and supervision of TZPP's Associate Publisher, Tomiko Breland. I ask for your prayers and support as I embark and transition into this new career path in my life. This has been a long time dream and I am finally living it!

~LOVE WHAT YOU DO AND YOU WILL NEVER WORK A DAY IN YOUR LIFE~

God Bless!
T Denise Clary

0 comments: