Martha Ramirez has written stories, poetry, and drawn since childhood. Her first children's book entitled The Fabulous Adventures of Fred the Frog was created and inspired by the curiosity and fascination her toddler has with books. In addition to writing, Martha is a member of ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers), YALITCHAT.ORG, the Muse Conference Board, CataNetwork Writers, and American Author's Association. Her articles have appeared in various places including the Hot Moms Club and For Her Information (FHI) magazine.
She looks forward to expanding her career and is hard at work on her next young adult novel. She currently resides in Northern California where she enjoys gardening and kickboxing (not simultaneously). Visit her Website at: www.MartzBookz.com
|"Chocolate Rum Balls"|
- 3 1/4 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup rum
- In a large bowl, stir together the crushed vanilla wafers, 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and nuts. Blend in corn syrup and rum.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, and roll in additional confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container for several days to develop the flavor. Roll again in confectioners' sugar before serving.