As many of you know (and I have posted) 'NaNoWriMo' is going on right now. However, do you feel overwhelmed by the 50,000 word count needed to be announced a "winner" with 'NaNoWriMo'? Well maybe the contest at Lulu.com is more your style. Lulu.com has a contest going on RIGHT NOW for short stories...this might be more up your alley! I believe it's a better fit for me at least. Read about Lulu's contest below and click on the link for additional information. Thanks, and happy writing!
T Denise Clary
**A special thanks to Jennifer Moody with MoodyEdits (www.MoodyEdits.com) for letting me know about the Lulu.com contest!
The Lulu Short Story Contest is here and starts right now!
(Information below taken directly from a post written by "AJ" for Lulu.com at link
As many of you know, November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) – a great time to put your nose to the grindstone and try to complete a 50,000 word novel in under 30 days.
But we got to thinking: over 200,000 authors participated in NaNoWriMo last year and only 30,000 actually made the deadline. That leaves 170,000 dedicated and talented folks high and dry. That’s a whole lot of creativity to waste. So why not make things easier? After all, creativity is about quality, not quantity.
Thus, the Lulu Short Story Contest was born…
Throughout the month of November – all the way to December 1st – anyone can participate in our Short Story Contest and take the pressure off the creative process. Better yet, we want to help folks see their creativity available to the public as quickly as possible too, so we’re gonna help you create an eBook out of your short story that’ll go live in the iBookstore and on Barnes & Noble’s NOOK.
How to play:
- Write a 600 word short story using our handy eBook template. Download the template here.
- Follow the list of things you don’t need available here.
- Upload your work to Lulu.com and send it through the Lulu ePub Converter
- Make sure to set your work to public availability and set to “sell everywhere.”
- Once published, submit a link to your eBook’s product page, along with your name and registered Lulu email address to SurveyMonkey to help us track submissions and claim your 20% off coupon.
- Feel free to promote your contest submission on our Facebook and Twitter (#nanowrimo) pages too
What about prizes?!?!
This is the best part.
- $500 cash
- Barnes & Noble NOOK
- Feature in Lulu Staff Picks and Lulu Blog
- Free mentions in upcoming Lulu publicity
- Professional review of your work
- Barnes & Noble NOOK
- $100 gift card to Barnes and Noble
- 20% off coupon for next purchase on Lulu.com
Winners will be selected by a panel of Lulu judges and announced mid-December after review of all submissions. Bring on your remarkable stories for a chance to win some amazing prizes!